We are seeking a dynamic Assistant Account Executive (AAE) interested in growing expertise in public relations. Our AAEs assist senior team members with key client projects and build upon existing knowledge that will propel them forward into the next stage of the career journey.
If you are interested in working alongside great clients and an experienced team, this may be just the role for you. This is a client-facing role based in our Austin office.
About Bloom Communications
Bloom Communications is an integrated communications agency bridging the gap between marketing, market research, and public relations disciplines. Since our beginning in 2012, Bloom has provided strategic consulting services exclusively to organizations that are focused on making an impact on their communities. We specialize in serving a portfolio of happy clients in the nonprofit and healthcare space, but also represent clients across a variety of industries from our offices in Austin, Texas and Portland, Oregon.
We base our core success measures on the desire and mission to see every employee “Bloom” (v) to flourish; to thrive. Dedicated to the growth of nonprofits and socially conscious for-profit companies, our mission is simple: You win. We win. The world wins.
Our pace is fast and we are incredibly dedicated to our clients. The perfect fit for this role is an individual that is a trail-blazer, achiever, self-motivated, and eager to grow his or her career in public relations and integrated communications.
AAEs work directly with the entire Bloom Communications team to help manage an array of clients across a variety of industries. Their work to support business-to-business, business-to-consumer, and nonprofit organizations through creative public relations campaigns has a great effect on increasing the positive impact we can make for our clients and our communities.
To apply you must be a soon-to-be or recent college graduate with demonstrated internship experience in public relations, or be in your first year of work experience. Applications will also be accepted from individuals interested in a career transition, holding longer work experience, but new to PR.
Bloom Communications AAEs are provided an opportunity to grow in their foundational PR skills. AAEs are assigned to support a current team responsible for delivering upon two key areas of client focus: 1) PR and 2) client performance.
AAEs will be exposed to or assist with a wide range of client and internal projects. This diverse work experience allows for the further development of practical skills needed to grow in the field of PR. AAEs will experience interaction with their manager through weekly check-ins, quarterly conversations, and semi-annual performance reviews. We find that this allows individuals to strengthen communication and the ability to receive feedback, give feedback, set personal goals, and work to achieve them.
Our goal is to train AAEs in further developing key skills to advance into an Account Executive position, or a position that will best suite skills mastered.
All team members are also exposed to opportunities to serve in the community.
- High level of initiative, organization, and accountability
- Customer service minded
- Ability to work with team members and clients in multiple locations
- Ability to adapt to new conditions, assignments, and deadline
Important Skills and Characteristics
- A curious, self-motivated, flexible, and creative problem solver
- Passionate about the Bloom Communications brand mission and core values
- Ability to prioritize and organize multiple projects and timelines
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with respect (written and verbal)
- Demonstrates strong writing abilities
- Ability to gather and absorb large quantities of information and prepare succinct and clear communications
- Demonstrates ability to think strategically (see the big picture) and structure the tactical
- Ability to work well under pressure – keeping positive, staying calm, and being respectful to others
- Demonstrates follow-through
- Proactive – asking questions when unsure, asking for more projects if completed, etc.
- Creative, resourceful, and a strong desire to work hard to achieve personal and company goals
Does this sound like you? If so, please submit your resume, one writing sample, and a cover letter detailing why you’d make a great addition to the Bloom Communications team.