Open Position – Austin, TX or Portland, OR
PR Account Manager
Please Note: This is a client-facing role and team members must be based in Austin, TX, or Portland, OR. To support a sense of ease between work and life, our team members work remotely with access to conference rooms and private office space as necessary.
Are you passionate about using your talents and skills to make an impact for a mission-driven organization? Are you looking for a team where you can be seen, heard, and encouraged to bring new ideas to the table? Ready for an environment where leadership demonstrates and supports a true sense of ease between work and life?
Bloom may just be the place for you.
Bloom Communications got its start in 2012 and has grown considerably over the years. We are now a fast-growing, research-based, integrated communications agency connecting marketing, public relations, crisis management, and creative services for clients across the U.S. and around the world with offices in both Austin, Texas and Portland, Oregon. Partnering exclusively with mission-driven organizations dedicated to growing and impacting their communities, we leverage the diverse expertise of our team, providing unparalleled experience and services with the personal touch of a boutique agency.
Due to our growth, we are looking for an experienced PR Account Manager to join our team to lead client relationships, PR strategies, build and grow media relationships, and content development for interesting and diverse clientele.
We are continually refining our services to ensure we remain competitive, but more importantly, we do so in order to offer exceptional, relevant and effective PR services for our clients. In order to offer exceptional services, we know we have to have an exceptional team and to do so, our focus is to ensure we provide our team with a great company to work for and one with growth opportunities so they are learning and growing personally along with the company.
You’ll fit in perfectly with us if you are a positive team player, mission-minded, a trail-blazer, achiever, self-motivated, and eager to grow a career in integrated communications.
More about the Role
You’ll work with a broad range of client projects across a variety of industries and support business-to-business, business-to-consumer, and nonprofit organizations through creative PR campaigns designed to make the greatest impact for the success of our clients and our organization.
Although marketing is not the main focus of the role, you’ll need to understand how Marketing and PR work in a complementary way to deliver results for clients. You’ll need to bring the experience, and we’ll provide training and guidance for the particulars you need to know on how we do things uniquely for our clients.
Our ideal next team member will be excited about PR and communications and understand the importance marketing brings to an organization’s success. They will need prior experience in a similar role, formal education and/or training in the PR realm, the skills that will complement our team, and they will be creative, forward-thinking, and have that extra special interest and drive for what we do.
What You’ll be Doing
The Account Manager will directly manage and support a set of client accounts. Proven experience in digital marketing, client management, project management, and a strong understanding of how marketing, PR, research, and creative work together to form successful campaigns is required.
General Role Requirements
- Experience working in agency environments and processes
- Actively works in fast-paced team environments with tight deadlines; works well in high-pressure situations
- Leads the development and management of client budgets
- Demonstrates ability to pitch new project ideas and grow accounts
- Works well with manager and team members (in person and remote)
- Strong ability to impart knowledge and give direction to more junior team members
- Leads in the art of client service (organization, communication, reporting, upselling)
- Understands the role of PR, Marketing, research, and creative and how they work complementary to drive results for clients
- Leads in setting client metrics, Key Performance Indicators and tracking Marketing results
- Leads internal team communication best practices
- Creates and manages project plans and schedules
- Leads client communication best practices
- Leads in content and messaging development for clients
- Leads content development for PR related materials (press releases, media pitches, media kits, articles, etc.)
- Leads in the area of team building and actively participates within that team
- Strong ability to inform clients, management, and internal team members
- Demonstrates confident presentation skills (preparation and delivery)
- Adoption and leadership over Bloom approved project management and communication tools
General Role Responsibilities
- Demonstrates knowledge and growth in brand positioning, content development, Marketing, PR, research, and reporting
- Leads, managers and/or oversees high-profile PR and Marketing campaigns for assigned clients
- Develops, implements, or directs others in PR campaigns for assigned clients
- Develops a variety of content for clients
- Gathers industry or competitor market data
- Serves as the day to day counsel to clients and agency stakeholders
- Defines, along with clients, proper target audiences: who they are and how to reach them
- Outlines client goals and objectives: perspective and plan
- Possesses the ability to set client KPIs with manager oversight
- Tracks and presents results of client initiatives through established reporting
- Stays abreast of research industry trends and insights to gain deeper knowledge of clients served, prepares for shifts, identifies opportunities, and strengthens client trust
- Monitors or collects from assigned team member client and competitor news coverage
- Develops a client thought leadership strategy (speaker’s bureau, white papers, articles, blogs, newsletters)
- Engages in potential client crisis communications with oversight as needed
- Researches and builds media lists to meet client objectives
- Establishes rapport with media and maintains ongoing media relationships
- Responds well under tight timelines and media deadlines with ability to direct clients for interviews
- Secures client coverage across a variety of media platforms and outlets
Additional Role Requirements
- Possesses exceptional initiative, organization, and commitment to quality client service and deliverables accountability
- Quickly learns new tools and manages time effectively
- Demonstrates an ability to manage multiple projects at one time, while producing exceptional output and meeting deadlines. Demonstrates a mindset of going “above and beyond.”
- Listens actively and pays close attention to detail
- Serves as a positive team player
- Possesses a thorough understanding of types of press release announcements
- Possesses thorough understanding of how PR reporting software can inform strategic plans, media monitoring and results reports
- Examples of software platforms include: Cision, Critical Mention, Meltwater, Factiva
More About Bloom Communications
Bloom Communications is a research-based, integrated communications agency connecting marketing, public relations, and creative services. Partnering exclusively with mission-driven organizations dedicated to growing and impacting their communities, we leverage the diverse expertise of our team, providing unparalleled experience and services with the personal touch of a boutique agency. Established in 2012, we support organizations across the U.S. and the globe from our offices in Austin, Texas, and Portland, Oregon.
We base our core success measures on the desire and mission to see every employee, “Bloom” (v) to flourish; to thrive. Dedicated to the growth of nonprofits and socially conscious for-profit companies, our mission is simple: You win. We win. The world wins.
Our pace is fast and we are incredibly dedicated to our clients. The perfect fit for this role is an individual who is a trail-blazer, achiever, self-motivated, and eager to grow a career in integrated communications.
We are an inclusive, passionate, and mission-driven team that cares deeply about the growth of our people, the success of our clients, and the collective impact we can make to create positive change in the world. Bloom Communications is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, welcoming everyone to our team.
We strongly encourage applications from people of all identities and backgrounds, and those who are members of marginalized communities. We are proud to celebrate all attributes and perspectives that make us unique. Bloom recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.