Open Position – Austin, TX or Portland, OR
PR Account Manager
We are seeking a dynamic Account Manager with a specialty in Public Relations, interested in leading PR strategies, media, research, and content development for a variety of clients.
Bloom provides Account Managers with opportunities for growth in their foundational PR and Marketing skills. Bloom assigns Account Managers to support key client projects and to deliver upon three key areas of client focus:
- Project & Account Management
Bloom exposes Account Managers to a broad range of client projects across a variety of industries. An Account Manager’s work supports business to business, business to consumer, and nonprofit organizations through creative public relations campaigns, greatly impacting the success of our clients and our organization.
Although Marketing is not the main focus of the role, there is a need to understand clearly how Marketing and PR work complementary to deliver results for clients. Account Managers with a PR focus will direct tasks for Marketing leads within the agency for their assigned clients.
To be considered for this position, the ideal candidate needs a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, and 6 to 8 years of agency experience in PR and Marketing communications. An advanced degree may also count toward years of experience. In your cover letter, please outline specific training or skills you possess that make you a great fit for the position.
Fluency in Spanish is preferred but not required.
If you are interested in working alongside great clients and an experienced team, this may be just the role for you.
This is a client-facing role based in Austin, TX or Portland, OR. Local candidates are preferred and we do not cover relocation costs. To support a sense of ease between work and life, our team members work remotely with access to conference rooms and a private office space as necessary.
About Bloom Communications
Bloom Communications is a research-based, integrated communications agency connecting marketing, public relations, and creative services. Partnering exclusively with mission-driven organizations dedicated to growing and impacting their communities, we leverage the diverse expertise of our team, providing unparalleled experience and services with the personal touch of a boutique agency. Established in 2012, we support organizations across the U.S. and the globe from our offices in Austin, Texas and Portland, Oregon.
We base our core success measures on the desire and mission to see every employee, “Bloom” (v) to flourish; to thrive. Dedicated to the growth of nonprofits and socially conscious for-profit companies, our mission is simple: You win. We win. The world wins.
Our pace is fast and we are incredibly dedicated to our clients. The perfect fit for this role is an individual who is a trail-blazer, achiever, self-motivated, and eager to grow a career in integrated communications.
We are an inclusive, passionate, and mission-driven team that cares deeply about the growth of our people, the success of our clients, and the collective impact we can make to create positive change in the world. Bloom is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, welcoming everyone to our team. We strongly encourage applications from people of all identities and backgrounds, and those who are members of marginalized communities. We are proud to celebrate all attributes and perspectives that make us unique. Bloom recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
The Account Manager will directly manage a set of client accounts and must present proven experience in client management and Public Relations with a strong knowledge of Marketing and how it supports PR efforts.
General Role Requirements
- Experience working in agency environments and processes
- Actively works in fast-paced team environments with tight deadlines; works well in high-pressure situations
- Leads the development and management of client budgets
- Demonstrates ability to pitch new project ideas and grow accounts
- Works well with manager and team members (in person and remote)
- Strong ability to impart knowledge to more junior team members
- Leads in the art of client service (organization, communication, reporting, upselling)
- Understands the role of PR, Marketing, research, and creative and how they work complementary to drive results for clients
- Leads in setting client metrics, Key Performance Indicators and tracking Marketing results
- Leads internal team communication best practices
- Creates and manages project plans and schedules
- Leads client communication best practices
- Leads in content and messaging development for clients
- Leads content development for PR related materials (press releases, media pitches, media kits, articles, etc.)
- Leads in the area of team building and actively participates within that team
- Strong ability to inform clients, management, and internal team members
- Demonstrates confident presentation skills (preparation and delivery)
- Adoption and leadership over Bloom approved project management and communication tools
General Role Responsibilities
- Demonstrates knowledge and growth in brand positioning, content development, Marketing, PR, research, and reporting
- Leads and/or manages high-profile PR and Marketing campaigns
- Develops, implements, or directs others in PR campaigns for assigned clients
- Develops a variety of content for clients
- Leads social media content creation and management
- Gathers industry or competitor market data
- Serves as the day to day counsel to clients and agency stakeholders.
- Defines, along with clients, proper target audiences: who they are and how to reach them
- Outlines client goals and objectives: perspective and plan
- Possesses the ability to set client KPIs with manager oversight
- Tracks and presents results of client initiatives through established reporting
- Stays abreast of research industry trends and insights to gain deeper knowledge of clients served, prepares for shifts, identifies opportunities, and strengthens client trust
- Monitors or collects from assigned team member client and competitor news coverage
- Develops a client thought leadership strategy (speaker’s bureau, white papers, articles, blogs, newsletters)
- Engages in potential client crisis communications with oversight as needed
- Researches and builds media lists to meet client objectives
- Ability to create ongoing media relationships
- Responds well under tight timelines and media deadlines with ability to direct clients for interviews
- Secures client coverage across a variety of media platforms and outlets
Additional Role Requirements
- Possesses exceptional initiative, organization, and commitment to quality client service and deliverables accountability
- Quickly learns new tools and manages time effectively
- Able to juggle multiple projects at one time, while producing exceptional output and meeting deadlines. Demonstrates a mindset of going “above and beyond.”
- Listens actively and pays close attention to detail
- Serves as a positive team player
- Thorough understanding of types of press release announcements
- Thorough understanding of how PR reporting software can inform strategic plans, media monitoring and results reports
- Examples of software platforms include: Cision, Critical Mention, Meltwater, Factiva