Open Position – Austin, TX or Portland, OR
PR Account Executive
We are seeking a dynamic Account Executive interested in supporting PR strategies, media, research, and content development for a variety of clients.
Bloom provides Account Executives with opportunities for growth in their foundational PR and marketing skills. Bloom assigns AE’s to support key client projects and to deliver upon three key areas of client focus:
- Project & Account Management
Bloom exposes AE’s to a broad range of client projects across a variety of industries. AE’s also participate in projects led by senior-level staff members, allowing for the development of skills necessary to move into managing more advanced projects. An AE’s work supports business to business, business to consumer, and nonprofit organizations through creative public relations campaigns, greatly impacting the success of our clients and our organization.
To be considered for this position, you need a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, and 2 to 3 years of experience in PR, marketing and/or communications.
If you are interested in working alongside great clients and an experienced team, this may be just the role for you. This is a remote, client-facing role based in Austin, TX or Portland, OR.
About Bloom Communications
Bloom Communications is a research-based, integrated communications agency connecting marketing, public relations, and creative services. Partnering exclusively with mission-driven organizations dedicated to growing and impacting their communities, we leverage the diverse expertise of our team, providing unparalleled experience and services with the personal touch of a boutique agency. Established in 2012, we support organizations across the U.S. and the globe from our offices in Austin, Texas and Portland, Oregon.
We base our core success measures on the desire and mission to see every employee, “Bloom” (v) to flourish; to thrive. Dedicated to the growth of nonprofits and socially conscious for-profit companies, our mission is simple: You win. We win. The world wins.
Our pace is fast and we are incredibly dedicated to our clients. The perfect fit for this role is an individual who is a trail-blazer, achiever, self-motivated, and eager to grow a career in integrated communications.
We are an inclusive, passionate, and mission-driven team that cares deeply about the growth of our people, the success of our clients, and the collective impact we can make to create positive change in the world. Bloom is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, welcoming everyone to our team. We strongly encourage applications from people of all identities and backgrounds, and those who are members of marginalized communities. We are proud to celebrate all attributes and perspectives that make us unique. Bloom recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
The AE will be assigned work overseen by a senior member of the team or manager. Proven and demonstrated experience in the following areas is required:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to present to diverse audiences, specifically racially, ethnically, and socioeconomically diverse communities
- Ability to flex communications style to multiple cultural environments
- Leading meetings including developing agendas and summaries
- Creating project plans
- Creating and adhering to client budgets
- Effective time management
- Professional and proactive work ethic
- Positive team attitude
- High level of initiative, organization, and accountability
- Customer service minded
- Ability to work with team members and clients in multiple locations
- Ability to adapt to new conditions, assignments, and deadlines
- Cultivate and nurture consultative relationships with clients built on trust and mutual respect
- Participate in client kick-off preparations and presentations with manager oversight
- Prepare client agendas, status reports, and meeting notes
- Lead ongoing client communications and participate in presentations
- Participate in the development of client goals and objectives
- Participate in defining along with clients, proper target audiences: who they are and how to reach them
- Assist in setting client KPIs
- Assist in and lead in brainstorming to outline brand strategies
- Build corresponding project plans and timelines for assigned projects
- Lead, assist with, or direct social media research, content development, posting, identifying influencers, increasing brand activities for assigned clients
- Build or direct the research for competitive landscape reports
- Research industry trends to gain deeper knowledge of clients he/she serves and strengthen client trust
- Monitor client and competitor news coverage
- Understand the role of media and demonstrate experience in developing and deploying press releases and media pitches
- Research and establish contact lists for assigned clients
- Establish and cultivate relationships with outlined press contacts: national, regional, freelance journalists, long lead magazines, key dailies, and blogs
- Identify influencers for assigned clients: following, and connecting
- Research, establish, and present media calendars for clients based on editorial calendars, speaking opportunities, and other key coverage opportunities
- Monitor and create KPI reports that measure overall campaign results
- Develop press kit materials
- Secure media coverage in newspapers, magazines, broadcast outlets, blogs, and events
- Partner with Bloom team members to integrate PR and marketing efforts and to deliver on-brand, on-message, integrated communications campaigns
- Structure strong email communications
- Craft strong media pitches
- Develop story ideas
- Craft speaking submissions for executives
- Prepare media kits, press releases, and other materials as outlined for the position
- Navigate crisis situations: gain exposure to client challenges and communication best practices
- Fully understand reporting tools, Bloom approved formats, and frequency to deliver client reports
- Outline, prepare, and present key reporting metrics for clients
- Bilingual is a plus
- Possess exceptional initiative, organization, and accountability
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at one time, while producing exceptional output and meeting deadlines. Demonstrate a mindset of going “above and beyond.”
- Listen actively and pay close attention to detail
- Ability to learn new skills while learning quickly
- Ability to embrace Bloom processes and tools i.e. time tracking tools, media tools, training library, slack, zoom, and others as outlined