Open Position – Austin, TX, Portland, OR, or Asheville, NC
Marketing Account Supervisor
Please Note: This is a client-facing role and team members must be based in Austin, Texas, Portland, Oregon, or Asheville, North Carolina. To support a sense of ease between work and life, our team members work remotely with optional usage of our office spaces.
Are you passionate about using your talents and skills to make an impact for a mission-driven organization? Are you looking for a team where you can be seen, heard, and encouraged to bring new ideas to the table? Ready for an environment where leadership demonstrates and supports a true sense of ease between work and life?
Bloom may just be the place for you.
Bloom Communications got its start in 2012 and has grown considerably over the years. We are a fast-growing, research-based, integrated communications agency connecting marketing, public relations, crisis management, and creative services for clients across the U.S. and around the world with teams based in Austin, Texas, Portland, Oregon, and Asheville, North Carolina. Partnering exclusively with mission-driven organizations dedicated to growing and impacting their communities, we leverage the diverse expertise of our team, providing unparalleled experience and services with the personal touch of a boutique agency.
Due to our growth, we are looking for an experienced Account Supervisor to join our Marketing team to lead marketing strategies and campaigns across a wide range of platforms and for a variety of interesting and diverse clientele.
We are continually refining our services to ensure we remain competitive, but more importantly, we do so in order to offer exceptional, relevant, and effective marketing services for our clients. In order to offer exceptional services, we know we have to have an exceptional team, and to do so, our focus is to ensure we provide our team with a great company to work for and one with growth opportunities so they are learning and growing personally along with the company.
You’ll fit in perfectly with us if you are a positive team player, mission-minded, a trail-blazer, achiever, self-motivated, and eager to grow a career in integrated communications.
More About the Role
We are seeking a dynamic Account Supervisor interested in leading marketing strategies, research, content development, and tactics for a variety of clients.
To be considered for this position, the ideal candidate needs a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, 11+ years of marketing and integrated communications experience, with 6+ years of that experience being within an agency environment, and experience in people management. An advanced degree also may count toward years of experience. In your cover letter, please outline specific training or skills you possess that make you a great fit for the position.
Bloom provides Account Supervisors with continued opportunities for leadership and development in management and integrated communications skills. Bloom assigns Account Supervisors to drive and lead or direct client marketing campaigns, PR campaigns, creative, and research projects. Although PR is not the main focus for the role, there is a need to understand clearly how marketing and PR work together to deliver results for clients. Proven agency experience and success in people management and integrated communications is required. Account Supervisors are accountable to deliver upon three key areas of focus:
- Integrated Communications – Research, Marketing, PR, Creative
- Project & Account Management
- Client Management
Account Supervisors lead a broad range of client projects across a variety of industries. They are expected to lead and direct mid- and senior-level clients with complex brand and marketing challenges. Account Supervisor’s work supports business-to-business, business-to-consumer, and nonprofit organizations through creative marketing campaigns, greatly impacting the success of our clients and our organization.
Account Supervisors experience interaction with their manager in weekly conferences, quarterly conversations, and annual performance reviews, allowing individuals to strengthen communications, receive feedback, give feedback, set personal goals, and work to achieve them.
Bloom exposes all team members to opportunities for community service both as part of the team and as an individual.
What You’ll Be Doing
The Account Supervisor will directly lead and manage a set of client accounts and account staff members that are also assigned to lead accounts. They are responsible for outlining and overseeing client scopes of work that include strategies, tactics, budget estimates, and timelines.
Account Supervisors also are responsible for viewing solutions through the “big picture” lens and ensuring strategies and tactics match back to the original client goals and objectives. They are responsible for leading the development of integrated marketing communications strategies and plans by conducting/overseeing necessary research, leading brainstorms, gathering inputs from clients, gathering inputs from internal team members, producing documentation, and presenting plans to clients. They also lead the development of reporting and have a strong ability to analyze results to spot needed shifts in strategies and tactics for the client.
An Account Supervisor at Bloom is held to a high standard for client satisfaction, team leadership, team work, attitude, and attention to detail for deliverables. The role will be a great fit for those that work well independently, bring forward new ideas, are open to receiving feedback on work performance and deliverables, and are great at working with team members on their own professional development.
Overall Role Requirements
Proven and Demonstrated Experience in the following areas:
- Possesses exceptional initiative, organization, and commitment to quality client service and deliverables accountability.
- Developing and maintaining client relationships.
- Proven experience in client management — guiding goals, objectives, KPIs, strategies, tactics, action items, scope, and budget discussions, etc.
- Financial management of accounts. (determine and outline budgets, prepare contracts, oversee job hours and expenses, prepares budgets for future estimates)
- Managing relationships with internal and external partners/team members. (creative, digital marketing, paid media, etc.)
- Quickly learns new processes, tools, and manages time effectively.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at one time, while producing exceptional output and meeting deadlines. Demonstrates a mindset of going “above and beyond.”
- Listens actively and pays close attention to detail.
- Serves as a positive team player.
- Proven team management and leadership skills. Demonstrates a servant-leader attitude toward direct reports, identifies areas of professional development, and leads training initiatives for more junior team members.
- Proven track record of leading and developing integrated marketing strategies and campaigns that drive client-identified objectives and priorities.
- Proven track record of driving and managing all aspects of marketing initiatives including traditional, digital, and emerging media efforts.
- Leading/overseeing the execution, analysis and optimization of marketing strategies and plans.
- Demonstrates knowledge and growth in brand positioning, content development, marketing campaign development, social media, PR, research, and reporting.
- Understands integrated marketing concepts across a variety of media types.
- Develops organizational and campaign positioning and messaging platforms.
- Gathers and understands industry or competitor market data and how it can shape campaign strategies.
- Researches industry trends and insights to gain deeper knowledge of clients he/she serves, prepares for shifts, identifies opportunities, and strengthens client trust.
- Develops exceptional content across a variety of media types – email campaigns, social, newsletters, whitepapers, print materials, direct mail, engaging online ads, etc.
- Defines, along with clients, proper target audiences: who they are and how to reach them.
- Sets, tracks, and reports on client KPIs.
- Interfaces comfortably with all levels within the organization, including executives.
- Demonstrates confident presentation skills (preparation and delivery).
- Demonstrates past experience in growing client accounts.
- Understands how to shape strategic recommendations from campaign metrics.
Additional Role Requirements:
- Works well independently and leading others in a remote office structure.
- Experience working with clients and colleagues in multiple locations.
We expect every team member to exemplify leadership in our core values that are so important to us.
- Invested in Talent and Heart: Our team members are our greatest asset. We hire and retain people from diverse backgrounds who are not only able to create a big impact for our clients, but also demonstrate our core values daily.
- Believe in true partnership between agency and client: We value and prioritize trusting and positive relationships with our clients that always include respect, transparency, honesty, and genuine friendliness.
- Committed to reliability and follow-through excellence: We follow through on our commitments 100% of the time. If we say we’re going to take care of something, you can rest assured we’ll deliver on-time, on-budget, and with excellence.
- Practice fiscal responsibility: We always find unique ways to do more with less. We work hard to conserve client financial resources as if they were our own, and will only recommend additional business when it best serves the client.
- Fueled by a passion for the greater good: We take an active role in our communities by working with mission-driven organizations because we believe it’s imperative to serve others.
- Our passion and experience fuel our dedication and creativity: We don’t believe in a one-size-fits-all approach. Each of our team members brings a unique set of skills and insights, and we leverage each of them for your benefit.
More About Bloom Communications
Bloom Communications is a research-based, full-service communications agency integrating marketing, public relations, market research, and creative services. Partnering exclusively with mission-driven organizations dedicated to growing and impacting their communities, we leverage the diverse expertise of our team, providing unparalleled experience and services with the personal touch of a boutique agency. Established in 2012, we support organizations across the U.S. and the globe from our locations in Austin, Texas, Portland, Oregon, and Asheville, North Carolina.
We base our core success measures on the desire and mission to see every employee, “Bloom” (v) to flourish; to thrive.
Our pace is fast and we are incredibly dedicated to our clients. The perfect fit for this role is an individual who is a trail-blazer, achiever, self-motivated, and eager to grow a career in integrated communications.
We are an inclusive, passionate, and mission-driven team that cares deeply about the growth of our people, the success of our clients, and the collective impact we can make to create positive change in the world. Bloom Communications is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer, welcoming everyone to our team.
We strongly encourage applications from people of all identities and backgrounds, and those who are members of marginalized communities. We are proud to celebrate all attributes and perspectives that make us unique. Bloom recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, education, disability, age, or veteran status.