Open Position – Austin, TX or Portland, OR
Marketing Account Executive
We are seeking a dynamic Account Executive interested in supporting marketing strategies, media, research, and content development for a variety of clients.
Bloom provides Account Executives with opportunities for growth in their foundational PR and marketing skills. Bloom assigns AE’s to support key client projects and to deliver upon three key areas of client focus:
- Project & Account Management
Bloom exposes Account Executives to a broad range of client projects across a variety of industries. AEs also participate in projects led by senior-level staff members allowing for the development of skills necessary to move into managing more advanced projects. An Account Executive’s work supports business to business, business to consumer, and nonprofit organizations through creative public relations campaigns, greatly impacting the success of our clients and our organization.
To be considered for this position, you need a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, and 2 to 3 years of experience in marketing, PR, and/or communications.
This is a client-facing role based in Austin, TX or Portland, OR. Local candidates are preferred and we do not cover relocation costs. To support a sense of ease between work and life, our team members work remotely with access to conference rooms and a private office space as necessary.
About Bloom Communications
Bloom Communications is an integrated communications agency bridging the gap between marketing, market research, and public relations disciplines. Since our beginning in 2012, Bloom has provided strategic consulting services exclusively to organizations that are focused on making an impact on their communities. We specialize in serving a portfolio of happy clients in the nonprofit and healthcare spaces, but also represent clients across a variety of industries from our offices in Austin, Texas and Portland, Oregon.
We base our core success measures on the desire and mission to see every employee, “Bloom” (v) to flourish; to thrive. Dedicated to the growth of nonprofits and socially conscious for-profit companies, our mission is simple: You win. We win. The world wins.
Our pace is fast and we are incredibly dedicated to our clients. The perfect fit for this role is an individual who is a trail-blazer, achiever, self-motivated, and eager to grow his or her career in integrated communications.
We are an inclusive, passionate, and mission-driven team that cares deeply about the growth of our people, the success of our clients, and the collective impact we can make to create positive change in the world. Bloom is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, welcoming everyone to our team. We strongly encourage applications from people of all identities and backgrounds, and those who are members of marginalized communities. We are proud to celebrate all attributes and perspectives that make us unique. Bloom recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
The AE will be assigned work overseen by a senior member of the team or manager. Proven and demonstrated experience in the following areas is required:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to present to diverse audiences, specifically racially, ethnically, and socioeconomically diverse communities
- Ability to flex communications style to multiple cultural environments
- Leading meetings including developing agendas and summaries
- Creating project plans
- Creating and adhering to client budgets
- Effective time management
- Professional and proactive work ethic
- Positive team attitude
- High level of initiative, organization, and accountability
- Customer service minded
- Ability to work with team members and clients in multiple locations
- Ability to adapt to new conditions, assignments, and deadlines
- Cultivate and nurture consultative relationships with clients built on trust and mutual respect
- Participate in and lead client kick-off preparations and presentations with manager oversight
- Prepare client agendas, status reports, and meeting notes
- Lead ongoing client communications and participate in presentations
- Participate in the development of client goals and objectives
- Participate in defining along with clients, proper target audiences: who they are and how to reach them
- Assist in setting client key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Assist in and lead in brainstorming to outline brand strategies
- Build corresponding project plans and timelines for assigned projects
- Lead, assist with, or direct social media research, content development, posting, identifying influencers, increasing brand activities for assigned clients
- Build or direct the research for competitive landscape reports
- Research industry trends to gain deeper knowledge of clients he/she serves and strengthen client trust
- Fully understand reporting tools, Bloom approved formats, and frequency to deliver client reports
- Outline, prepare, and present key reporting metrics for clients
- Bilingual is a plus
- Knowledge of social media marketing, SEM, SEO, and other digital marketing strategies preferred
- Possess exceptional initiative, organization, and accountability
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at one time, while producing exceptional output and meeting deadlines. Demonstrate a mindset of going “above and beyond.”
- Listen actively and pays close attention to detail
- Ability to learn new skills while learning quickly
- Ability to embrace Bloom processes and tools i.e. time tracking tools, media tools, training library, slack, zoom, and others as outlined