Open Position – Austin, TX
Are you passionate about design and using your creative talents and skills to make an impact for a mission-driven organization? Are you looking for a team where you can be seen, heard, and encouraged to bring new ideas to the table? Ready for an environment where leadership demonstrates and supports a true sense of ease between work and life?
Bloom may just be the place for you.
Bloom Communications got its start in 2012 and has grown considerably over the years. We are now a fast-growing, research-based, integrated communications agency connecting marketing, public relations, crisis management, and creative services for clients across the U.S. and around the world with offices in both Austin, Texas and Portland, Oregon. Partnering exclusively with mission-driven organizations dedicated to growing and impacting their communities, we leverage the diverse expertise of our team, providing unparalleled experience and services with the personal touch of a boutique agency.
Due to our growth, we are looking for a Graphic Designer to join our team to support a variety of creative design projects and tasks.
We are continually refining our services to ensure we remain competitive, but more importantly, we do so in order to offer exceptional, relevant and effective marketing services for our clients. In order to offer exceptional services, we know we have to have an exceptional team and to do so, our focus is to ensure we provide our team with a great company to work for and one with growth opportunities so they are learning and growing personally along with the company.
You’ll fit in perfectly with us if you are a positive team player, mission-minded, a trail-blazer, achiever, self-motivated, and eager to grow a career in integrated communications.
To apply: Please fill out the form below and submit your cover letter, resume, and a link to your portfolio.
About the Role
You’ll be assigned a broad range of client and internal projects across a variety of industries and mediums to support business-to-business, business-to-consumer, and nonprofit organizations through creative design.
You’ll learn how research, marketing, public relations, and creative can work in conjunction to deliver results for clients. You’ll need to bring the design experience, and we’ll provide training and guidance for the particulars on how we do things uniquely for our clients.
Our ideal next team member will be excited about creative design and understand the importance it brings to an organization’s success. They will need prior experience in a similar role or formal education/training in creative design. They will possess skills that complement our team and be creative, forward-thinking, and have a special interest for mission-driven work.
This is a client-facing role based in Austin, TX. Local candidates are required. To support a sense of ease between work and life, our team members work remotely with access to conference rooms and private office space as necessary.
What You’ll Be Doing
You’ll work alongside the Creative Director and other project leads to provide creative design services for our clients and internal marketing efforts. The ideal candidate should have a natural and diverse eye for design and a drive to inspire creative ideas that connect with all types of audiences and business goals. Candidates should have a strong understanding of design industry trends and tools (such as Adobe Creative Suite) and demonstrate up-to-date industry knowledge in the field of design and marketing. The candidate should have an interest in learning about integrated marketing with a growing ability to review client goals and objectives, audience profiles, and craft designs that will drive interest and action across mediums, including print, social, digital, emerging media, and more.
General Role Requirements
- Strong and clear written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to learn new skills and accept feedback and direction
- Ability to track to allocated hours for project profitability
- Professional and proactive work ethic
- Positive team attitude
- Ability to navigate conflict with ease and to resolution
- High level of initiative, organization, and accountability
- Customer-service minded
- Ability to work with team members and clients in multiple locations in a remote office environment
- Ability to adapt to new conditions, assignments, and deadlines
Creative Design Requirements
- Demonstrable graphic design skills including creative ideation, logo design, print design, digital/web design, typography, and visual systems
- Professional-level knowledge of current design software and tools (such as Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, XD, and more)
- Strong attention to detail to ensure professional quality and branding adherence for all design deliverables
- Ability to work methodically and consistently to meet deadlines for multiple clients
- Ability to design a variety of materials across mediums that include both design and key copy elements, including print materials, social media platforms and posts, digital ads, email marketing, web design, presentations, etc.
- Ability to review work from the point of view of the client’s end-user and examine how designs will be perceived in order to convey the desired message and action
- Participate in brainstorm sessions
- Stay updated on the latest tools and design trends
- Identify opportunities for client expansion and bring them forward to the Creative Director
- Ability to clearly present concepts internally to obtain feedback from the Creative Director and project leads
- Ability to be nimble, flexible, and revise creative work based on team and client feedback
- Ability to review copy and provide feedback to best fit the objectives for a creative design piece
- Ensure inclusion of key marketing elements that make for a successful campaign, with a basic understanding of campaign tracking, lead funnel, CTAs, contact information, promo codes, etc.
Additional Role Considerations
- Interest in growing client presentation skills that demonstrate clarity in creative thought processes and reasonings for design directions chosen
- Interest in growing skills in managing the creative process from concept to completion with a demonstrated process for developing design concepts
- Learn to understand and translate marketing research and strategies into clear creative strategies and deliverables
- Experience with HTML/CSS and CMS platforms (such as WordPress) is a plus
- Post-production video editing, motion graphics, and/or animation skills are a plus
- Experience with marketing tools is a plus (i.e., Mailchimp, Google Drive Templates, Google Analytics, etc.)
- Copywriting skills and experience is a plus
We expect every team member to exemplify leadership in our core values that are so important to us. They are:
- Invested in Talent and Heart: Our team members are our greatest asset. We hire and retain people from diverse backgrounds who are not only able to create a big impact for our clients but also demonstrate our core values daily.
- Believe in true partnership between agency and client: We value and prioritize trusting and positive relationships with our clients that always include respect, transparency, honesty, and genuine friendliness.
- Committed to reliability follow-through excellence: We follow through on our commitments 100% of the time. If we say we’re going to take care of something, you can rest assured we’ll deliver on time, on budget, and with excellence.
- Practice fiscal responsibility: We always find unique ways to do more with less. We work hard to conserve client financial resources as if they were our own, and will only recommend additional business when it best serves the client.
- Fueled by a passion for the greater good: We take an active role in our communities by working with mission-driven organizations because we believe it’s imperative to serve others.
- Our passion and experience fuel our dedication and creativity: We don’t believe in a one-size-fits-all approach. Each of our team members brings a unique set of skills and insights, and we leverage each of them for your benefit.
More About Bloom Communications
Bloom Communications is a research-based, integrated communications agency connecting marketing, public relations, and creative services. Partnering exclusively with mission-driven organizations dedicated to growing and impacting their communities, we leverage the diverse expertise of our team, providing unparalleled experience and services with the personal touch of a boutique agency. Established in 2012, we support organizations across the U.S. and the globe from our offices in Austin, Texas, and Portland, Oregon.
We base our core success measures on the desire and mission to see every employee, “Bloom” (v) to flourish; to thrive. Dedicated to the growth of nonprofits and socially conscious for-profit companies, our mission is simple: You win. We win. The world wins.
Our pace is fast and we are incredibly dedicated to our clients. The perfect fit for this role is an individual who is a trail-blazer, achiever, self-motivated, and eager to grow a career in integrated communications.
We are an inclusive, passionate, and mission-driven team that cares deeply about the growth of our people, the success of our clients, and the collective impact we can make to create positive change in the world. Bloom Communications is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, welcoming everyone to our team.
We strongly encourage applications from people of all identities, backgrounds, and those who are members of marginalized communities. We are proud to celebrate all attributes and perspectives that make us unique. Bloom recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.