Open Position – Austin, TX or Portland, OR
Digital Marketing Manager
Are you passionate about using your talents and skills to make an impact for a mission-driven organization? Are you looking for a team where you can be seen, heard, and encouraged to bring new ideas to the table? Ready for an environment where leadership demonstrates and supports a true sense of ease between work and life?
Bloom may just be the place for you.
Bloom Communications got its start in 2012 and has grown considerably over the years. We are now a fast-growing, research-based, integrated communications agency connecting marketing, public relations, crisis management, and creative services for clients across the U.S. and around the world with offices in both Austin, Texas and Portland, Oregon. Partnering exclusively with mission-driven organizations dedicated to growing and impacting their communities, we leverage the diverse expertise of our team, providing unparalleled experience and services with the personal touch of a boutique agency.
Due to our growth, we are looking for an experienced Digital Marketing Manager to join our team to lead marketing strategies, and campaigns across a wide range of platforms and for a variety of interesting and diverse clientele.
We are continually refining our services to ensure we remain competitive, but more importantly, we do so in order to offer exceptional, relevant and effective marketing services for our clients. In order to offer exceptional services, we know we have to have an exceptional team and to do so, our focus is to ensure we provide our team with a great company to work for and one with growth opportunities so they are learning and growing personally along with the company.
You’ll fit in perfectly with us if you are a positive team player, mission-minded, a trail-blazer, achiever, self-motivated, and eager to grow a career in integrated communications.
More about the Role
You’ll be assigned to support key client projects and initiatives. Our commitment to our clients is that we deliver in three key areas:
- Digital Marketing Strategy
- Digital Marketing Implementation & Reporting
- Project & Relationship Management
You’ll work with a broad range of client projects across a variety of industries and support business-to-business, business-to-consumer, and nonprofit organizations through creative marketing campaigns designed to make the greatest impact for the success of our client and our organization.
Although PR is not the main focus of the role, you’ll need to understand how Marketing and PR work in a complementary way to deliver results for clients. You’ll need to bring the experience, and we’ll provide training and guidance for the particulars you need to know on how we do things uniquely for our clients.
Our ideal next team member will be excited about marketing and understand the importance marketing brings to an organization’s success. They will need prior experience in a similar role, formal education and/or training in the marketing realm, the skills that will complement our team, and they will be creative, forward-thinking, and have that extra special interest and drive for what we do.
If you are passionate about marketing and creative client support, this may be just the role for you.
This is a client-facing role based in Austin, TX, or Portland, OR. Local candidates are preferred. To support a sense of ease between work and life, our team members work remotely with access to conference rooms and private office space as necessary.
What You’ll Be Doing
You will work alongside internal project leaders to outline the strategy, recommendations, and implementation of digital marketing campaigns for our clients. Proven experience in digital marketing, client management, project management, and a strong understanding of how marketing, PR, research, and creatively work together to form successful campaigns is required.
Overall Role Requirements
- Proven track record of developing integrated marketing strategies and campaigns that drive client-identified objectives and priorities.
- Understands integrated marketing concepts across a variety of media types – organic social media, paid social media ads, Google ads, emerging media, and traditional media.
- Proven track record of driving, managing and reporting on digital marketing efforts.
- Possesses exceptional initiative, organization, and commitment to quality client service and deliverables accountability.
- Quickly learns new tools and manages time effectively.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at one time, while producing exceptional output and meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrates knowledge in brand positioning, content development, marketing campaign development, social media, PR, research, and reporting.
- Understanding of or familiarity with SEO best practices, lead generation, and email marketing.
- Familiar with marketing automation best practices and platforms.
- Understands website metrics and best practices.
- Strong ability to work with colleagues at all levels to develop marketing goals and evaluate results.
- Demonstrates confident presentation skills (preparation and delivery).
- Good at problem-solving and communication.
- Adoption and leadership over Bloom-approved project management and communication tools.
- Strong writing skills.
- Formal education with a degree in relevant and related fields.
- Plan and execute all digital marketing for the agency, including SEO, SEM, email, social media, and display advertising campaigns.
- Oversee and manage vendor relationships for larger ad buys or for other more advanced placements (television, radio, billboard, YouTube, podcasts, etc.).
- Outline recommended digital marketing tactics based on client goals and objectives.
- Set Key Performance Indicators for every campaign.
- Outline, create, and manage digital marketing projects and processes.
- Create, publish, and manage Google ads (ex. text, display).
- Create, publish, and manage social media ads (ex. Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn)
- Create, publish, and manage email marketing campaigns
- Implement ads based upon SEO organic goals and to support organic goals.
- Research and present audiences for ad targeting.
- Manage budgets for each digital marketing campaign.
- Collect, prepare, and report on all digital campaign results.
- Identify trends and insights, and optimize spend and performance based on those insights.
- Brainstorm and present new and creative growth strategies.
- Research and manage all platform changes and updates.
- Evaluate emerging technologies, trends, and new platforms.
- Implement conversion points and optimize user/visitor funnels.
- Make recommendations on any website or social media platform improvements to support the success of ad campaigns.
- Research and present any additional training or certifications that will benefit the agency and our clients.
- Create and conduct training for the marketing team and internal team as assigned.
We expect every team member to exemplify leadership in our core values that are so important to us. They are:
- Invested in Talent and Heart: Our team members are our greatest asset. We hire and retain people from diverse backgrounds who are not only able to create a big impact for our clients, but also demonstrate our core values daily.
- Believe in true partnership between agency and client: We value and prioritize trusting and positive relationships with our clients that always include respect, transparency, honesty, and genuine friendliness.
- Committed to reliability follow-through excellence: We follow through on our commitments 100% of the time. If we say we’re going to take care of something, you can rest assured we’ll deliver on-time, on-budget, and with excellence.
- Practice fiscal responsibility: We always find unique ways to do more with less. We work hard to conserve client financial resources as if they were our own, and will only recommend additional business when it best serves the client.
- Fueled by a passion for the greater good: We take an active role in our communities by working with mission-driven organizations because we believe it’s imperative to serve others.
- Our passion and experience fuel our dedication and creativity: We don’t believe in a one-size-fits-all approach. Each of our team members brings a unique set of skills and insights, and we leverage each of them for your benefit.
More About Bloom Communications
Bloom Communications is a research-based, integrated communications agency connecting marketing, public relations, and creative services. Partnering exclusively with mission-driven organizations dedicated to growing and impacting their communities, we leverage the diverse expertise of our team, providing unparalleled experience and services with the personal touch of a boutique agency. Established in 2012, we support organizations across the U.S. and the globe from our offices in Austin, Texas, and Portland, Oregon.
We base our core success measures on the desire and mission to see every employee, “Bloom” (v) to flourish; to thrive. Dedicated to the growth of nonprofits and socially conscious for-profit companies, our mission is simple: You win. We win. The world wins.
Our pace is fast and we are incredibly dedicated to our clients. The perfect fit for this role is an individual who is a trail-blazer, achiever, self-motivated, and eager to grow a career in integrated communications.
We are an inclusive, passionate, and mission-driven team that cares deeply about the growth of our people, the success of our clients, and the collective impact we can make to create positive change in the world. Bloom Communications is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, welcoming everyone to our team.
We strongly encourage applications from people of all identities and backgrounds, and those who are members of marginalized communities. We are proud to celebrate all attributes and perspectives that make us unique. Bloom recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.