Open Position – Austin, TX or Portland, OR
Marketing Account Manager
We are seeking a dynamic Account Manager with a specialty in marketing, interested in leading marketing strategies, research, content development, and tactics for a variety of clients.
Bloom provides Account Managers with opportunities for growth in their foundational PR and Marketing skills. Bloom assigns Account Managers to support key client projects and to deliver upon three key areas of client focus:
- Project & Account Management
Bloom exposes Account Managers to a broad range of client projects across a variety of industries. An Account Manager’s work supports business to business, business to consumer, and nonprofit organizations through creative marketing campaigns, greatly impacting the success of our clients and our organization.
Although PR is not the main focus of the role, there is a need to understand clearly how Marketing and PR work in a complementary way to deliver results for clients. Account Managers with a marketing focus will direct tasks for PR leads within the agency for their assigned clients.
To be considered for this position, the ideal candidate needs a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, and 6 to 8 years of agency experience in PR and Marketing communications. An advanced degree also may count toward years of experience. In your cover letter, please outline specific training or skills you possess that make you a great fit for the position.
Fluency in Spanish is preferred but not required.
If you are interested in working alongside great clients and an experienced team, this may be just the role for you.
This is a client-facing role based in Austin, TX or Portland, OR. Local candidates are preferred and we do not cover relocation costs. To support a sense of ease between work and life, our team members work remotely with access to conference rooms and a private office space as necessary.
About Bloom Communications
Bloom Communications is a research-based, integrated communications agency connecting marketing, public relations, and creative services. Partnering exclusively with mission-driven organizations dedicated to growing and impacting their communities, we leverage the diverse expertise of our team, providing unparalleled experience and services with the personal touch of a boutique agency. Established in 2012, we support organizations across the U.S. and the globe from our offices in Austin, Texas and Portland, Oregon.
We base our core success measures on the desire and mission to see every employee, “Bloom” (v) to flourish; to thrive. Dedicated to the growth of nonprofits and socially conscious for-profit companies, our mission is simple: You win. We win. The world wins.
Our pace is fast and we are incredibly dedicated to our clients. The perfect fit for this role is an individual who is a trail-blazer, achiever, self-motivated, and eager to grow a career in integrated communications.
We are an inclusive, passionate, and mission-driven team that cares deeply about the growth of our people, the success of our clients, and the collective impact we can make to create positive change in the world. Bloom is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, welcoming everyone to our team. We strongly encourage applications from people of all identities and backgrounds, and those who are members of marginalized communities. We are proud to celebrate all attributes and perspectives that make us unique. Bloom recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
The Account Manager will directly manage a set of client accounts and must present proven experience in client management and marketing with a strong knowledge of public relations and how it supports marketing efforts.
- Proven track record of developing integrated marketing strategies and campaigns that drive client-identified objectives and priorities
- Proven track record of driving, managing, and reporting on digital marketing efforts such as Google Ads, paid social ads, etc.
- Possesses exceptional initiative, organization, and commitment to quality client service and deliverables accountability
- Quickly learns new tools and manages time effectively
- Able to juggle multiple projects at one time, while producing exceptional output and meeting deadlines. Demonstrate a mindset of going “above and beyond.”
- Listens actively and pays close attention to detail
- Serves as a positive team player
- Demonstrates knowledge and growth in brand positioning, content development, marketing campaign development, social media, PR, research, and reporting
- Understands integrated marketing concepts across a variety of media types – organic social media, paid social media ads, Google ads, emerging media, and traditional media
- Proven experience and ability to project manage website builds, design of marketing materials, and creation of marketing collateral
- Understanding of or familiarity with SEO best practices and marketing automation best practices and platforms
- Strong ability to inform clients, management, and internal team members
- Demonstrates confident presentation skills (preparation and delivery)
- Adoption and leadership over Bloom approved project management and communication tools
- Develops and implements integrated marketing campaigns and PR campaigns for assigned clients
- Develops content across a variety of media types – email campaigns, social, newsletters, whitepapers, print materials, direct mail, engaging online ads, etc.
- Develops organizational and campaign positioning and messaging platforms
- Gathers industry or competitor market data
- Serves as the day to day counsel to clients and agency stakeholders
- Prepares client agendas, status reports, meeting notes
- Leads the development of client goals and objectives: client perspective
- Outlines client goals and objectives: perspective and plan
- Defines, along with clients, proper target audiences: who they are and how to reach them
- Sets, tracks, and reports on client KPIs
- Assists in and leads brainstorming to outline brand strategies
- Researches industry trends and insights to gain deeper knowledge of clients he/she serves, prepares for shifts, identifies opportunities, and strengthens client trust
- Exposure to and potential engagement in client crisis communications with oversight
Additional Role Requirements
- Creative design experience a plus
We expect every team member to exemplify leadership in our core values:
- Invested in Talent and Heart: As our clients’ trusted advisors, our team members are our greatest asset. We hire and retain people from diverse backgrounds who are not only able to create a big impact for our clients, but also share and demonstrate our core values. Like good doctors, we also regularly invest in keeping up with our industry and our craft, both as communicators and as business professionals.
- Believe in true partnership between agency and client: Our clients enjoy strong, positive relationships with us that are respectful, open, honest, and genuinely friendly.
- Committed to reliability and excellence in follow-through: You demonstrate reliability and follow-through on every promise made and every project outlined to clients, vendors, partners, and staff members.
- Practice fiscal responsibility: You view our client budgets and our company budget as your own and work to accomplish goals within budget. You proactively demonstrate this principle to other team members.
- Fueled by passion for the greater good: You support our community as part of who you are. You give of your time, treasure, and talents to others. You proactively ensure your own self-care and the care of your team. You support Bloom sponsored organizations in team-sponsored activities and show care for the community around us.
- Our passion and experience fuel our dedication and creativity: You work to lead our clients and team members in crafting unique and personalized marketing and PR solutions with a desire to see them succeed in their own mission, vision, and goals.